Posted: July 14, 2014
Tresorit is another cloud storage provider similar to Dropbox, SpiderOak, Google Drive, or Box. Much like SpiderOak, Tresorit seems to value security and privacy above all else. However, unlike SpiderOak, whose user-interface can feel old and unintuitive, Tresorit does a good job keeping the design and user-interactions simple and modern.
Tresorit is free for up to 5GB with the option of gaining up to 16GB for free through referrals. The paid options start at 20GB for $8 per month.
Pros & Cons
- Excellent security
- Apps available for all major platforms
- Modern design
- Easy to create encrypted folders
- Easy to share encrypted files or folders
- Deleted files are gone forever
- Sharing files increases security risk
- Only 5GB free. Pricing is higher per gigabyte than some competitors