Posted: November 22, 2014
- You use a mobile phone provider that charges overage fees for minutes and texts.
- You use a mobile service like Ting, that charges based on actual usage.
- You experience poor mobile signal quality in certain buildings, like your home or office, that have Wi-Fi available.
In order to use Wi-Fi calling on your phone there are a few steps to complete first that we will be learning about in this article:
- Get a Google Voice number and set it up with your mobile phone.
- Install Hangouts and set it up on your device.
- Use Hangouts to make and receive calls and texts.
For our international readers, please note that Google only provides Google Voice numbers to people in the United States. You must have a U.S. based phone number to get a Google Voice number.